REGISTRATION FOR A COURSE
1. You can read the course guide online. In addition, a physical copy of the course guide is distributed to all households.
2. On this website, search for the courses you want to register for. You can register for multiple courses at the same time. There are a few courses you can not register for online.
3. Carefully fill in the personal data form. The form will come up automatically once you have selected your courses. It is compulsory to fill in the ‘mobile phone’ section. If you do not have a mobile number, please fill that section with numbers 1234567. If the form does not appear automatically, you need to enable cookies in your browser. See the instructions at the bottom of this page.
Note that you cannot register online if you do not have a Finnish social security number.
You can also register for a course by calling the office tel. 044 793 4515 or 044 793 4517 during the office hours (Mon, Wed and Thu 9.00-16.00, Tue 9.00-17.00 and Fri 9.00-15.00). Please have the name and the number of the course you want to register for and your contact information at hand. The course fee will be invoiced and sent to you by mail.
4. When the course registration has been completed successfully, you will receive a confirmation message that it has been registered. If you have provided your email address, the confirmation will be sent to the email address you have given. If the course is already fully booked, you will be registered for the waiting list. Note down your registration number. With the registration number you can check the courses you have registered for or use it to cancel your registration.
5. If you do not receive a confirmation of your registration, it means that the system is temporarily jammed. Go back to the registration form (previous page) and press the “Send registration” button again.
6. By registering for a course you agree to pay the course fee regardless of your attendance to the course. The course fee can be paid online using an online banking system (OP, Nordea, Danske Bank, Säästöpankki, Handelsbanken, LähiTapiola, Pop, S-pankki) right after registration. Otherwise it will be invoiced after the course has started.
You can pay the invoice in a bank or in the city service point Pyyrman (Valtakatu 2) by cash, with a debit card or by using your culture/sport benefit vouchers (ePassi, Smartum Kulttuuriseteli, Edenred Virikeseteli, Tyky-Kuntoseteli, Eazybreak).
The course fee of a minor (people under the age of 18) will be charged to the guardian. Information about the possible allowances for the course fees can be found in the course guide or on the adult education centre’s homepage (in Finnish).
7. The invoice is valid for recovery proceedings. Please contact the office if you have any questions or concerns with the invoice.
8. The cancellation of your registration
You can cancel your registration by pressing “Your registration” on the left or call the adult education centre’s office 044 793 4515 or 044 793 4517. The cancellation can be done for free seven (7) days at the latests before the course starts. If you want to cancel the registration later, please contact the office. A cancellation fee of 10 euros will be invoiced. If you do not cancel the registration, you have to pay the whole course fee.
A notification to a teacher or an email is not considered a cancellation. The course fees will be invoiced regardless of the student's attendance to the course. The invoice is valid for recovery proceedings.
Please let us know about your cancellation as early as possible - we can offer your place on the course for someone on the waiting list.
9. You will not receive any extra information or any course materials before the first lesson of your course. You will be contacted only if the course is cancelled or if you are admitted to the course from the waiting list.
Enabling cookies in your browser